This eco-friendly wedding took place alongside the pool on the lawns of Manfred’s Legacy at the magnificent Constantia Glen Wine Estate. The theme of the wedding was clearly organic and natural, with both the bride and groom being extremely environmentally conscious as well as strictly vegetarian. The couple requested that there be as little wastage as possible and that they would like to take the floral arrangements and decor home to plant in the garden of their new home.
Alida, from Flowers in the Foyer, created “wild” organic trailing table centrepieces, a delicate bridal bouquet and pew detail in line with the couple’s request, using interesting foliage, succulents, herbs and beetroot bulbs. We love the fact that many plants used still had their roots in tact and were re-planted after the wedding day! The swimming pool was also adorned with floating “bird’s nests” candles while bowls of fresh cut herbs doubled up as confetti. Guests were also given gifts of herbs and succulents to plant as remembrance of the celebrations. We pulled together a wonderful team of suppliers, who we have listed below. Enjoy these wonderful photos taken by Shantelle Visser.
- Venue – Constantia Glen
- Catering – Karen Dudley of The Kitchen
- Photographer – Shantelle Visser Photography
- Lighting – Something Different
- Cake – Love at First Sight
- Stationery – Secret Diary Designs
- Furniture – Baie Goeters
- Bar & Staffing – Blend Eventlife
- Flowers – Flowers in the Foyer
- Tent – Wolfkop Marquee Hire
- Entertainment – Man with Music and Firetribe
- Video – White Lines
- Cutlery & Hiring – Top Table